Figs great nutritional values for children and adults
Posted on: 10/16/2018 13:45:25
At Ecoficus we know well the benefits of figs and here we present the reasons that support us. According to guiainfantial.com, these would be the reasons why we should include figs in the diets of children, and that would also justify the increase in consumption in adults:
- Quick energy contribution: It offers a quick contribution of sugar and energy that will come in handy.
- Great fiber intake: In addition, it is a fiber that helps reduce cholesterol levels.
- Fight obesity: Figs provide only a few calories more than an apple (74 calories per 100 grams). In addition, its sugar is composed of fructose, glucose and sucrose (good sugar). And thanks to its satiating power, they are excellent for fighting obesity.
- Great contribution of minerals: Figs provide minerals in abundance, such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron. In fact, the fig is the fruit that provides more calcium of all, and its great contribution in magnesium also ensures the fixation of calcium.
- Vitamins: The fig is a fruit with many vitamins. If you consume them fresh, they will give you vitamin B1, B5 and B6, while dried figs offer you large amounts of vitamin K.
- Decrease blood sugar: In addition to regulating intestinal transit, figs regulate blood sugar levels, thus fighting diabetes.
Thinking about our customers and consumers, from Ecoficus we are innovators and we strive to bring to the markets products derived from fig. So we have come to our breads, cakes and fig snacks (fig bites), we are also working to expand our line of snacks. All this to offer new products, healthy and full of energy and flavor, paired with ingredients such as goji berries, cranberries or orange juice.
Share on social networks